Sentence composition, paragraphs, the writing process, essays, using effective writing techniques, research paper, and other topics.
*Scoring Services for Essentials in Writing only
Essentials in Writing Additional Student Level 10 Workbook
$32Included: This is an instructional manual/student workbook for an ADDITIONAL student using the same level of DVDs. Please note that this workbook is not functional without the related DVD.
- SENTENCE STRUCTURE – Dependent and Independent Clause; Simple, Compound, Complex, and Compound-Complex Sentences; Address Sentence Errors (Fragment, Run On, and Comma Splice) FORMAL PARAGRAPH – Structure; Expository, Persuasive, Compare/Contrast, Descriptive, Cause/Effect, and Narrative Paragraphs
- THE WRITING PROCESS – In Depth Study of Each Part of the Writing Process; Practice the Writing Process with Each Multi-paragraph Composition
- ESSAYS (Formal and Informal) – Detailed Instruction and Step by Step Process for Narrative, Personal Expository, Persuasive, and Compare/Contrast Essays
- RESEARCH PAPER (Project) – Detailed Instruction and Step by Step Process to Conduct and Write a Research Paper (CAUSE/EFFECT)
Sample Lesson Video
Planners, Samples, and Other Information
What is Essentials in Literature?
Essentials in Literature is a DVD based literary analysis curriculum that features a student textbook/workbook and DVD. Literary analysis is divided into four units:
- Fiction (short stories)
- Nonfiction (or Drama depending on level)
- Poetry and Figurative Language
Units include literary analysis activities, independent practice, culminating activities, and summative assessments.