Welcome to Essentials in Writing
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Essentials in Writing’s Website.
Essentials in Writing is located at: 2101 W. Chesterfield Blvd, STE B202 Springfield, MO 65807
2. Accepting Our Terms
By visiting this website, you understand and agree that these Terms will apply. We encourage you to retain a copy of these Terms for your records. If you do not agree to be bound by and adhere to these Terms, please do not use this website.
(a) Personal Information:
In addition to any personal information you choose to share with us (such as your name, address, and email address), we collect IP addresses and website-usage information whenever you access this website.
By creating an account on this website and using its services, you hereby warrant that any and all information you provide to us is true and accurate. When you visit this website, your IP address and usage information, such as movement through this websites pages, is tracked.
(b) Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information:
If you choose to contact us or provide us with any personal information:
- We may use your personal information to improve our products and services, to contact you for feedback, and to notify you about other opportunities from us or our subsidiaries and affiliated companies.
- We may use the tracking data from your visits to this website to evaluate how visitors use and navigate this website, including but not limited to, the number and frequency of visitors to each webpage and the length of their visits.
- We may share such personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies in order to provide information, products, or services you have requested.
- We may share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties who process information on behalf of Essentials in Writing for the purpose of carrying out administrative, marketing, professional or technological support functions for us.
- As permitted by law, we may disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties with whom we may enter into joint venture agreements or other strategic alliances in relation to products or services you have purchased or for which you have sought information, or in the event of our sale, merger, reorganization, or other similar event.
- We may disclose personal information when we reasonably believe that we are required to do so by law or legal process.
(c) Children’s Online Privacy:
Essentials in Writing does not intend to collect any personal information entered into this website by children under the age of 13. Upon being notified that we have inadvertently collected such personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy such information.
Essentials in Writing uses reasonable measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access. Credit card payments are handled in accordance with best business practices and all applicable federal and state regulations. However, internet security is imperfect under the best circumstances, and you agree that any transmission or receiving of any personal information through this website is done at your own risk. We are not responsible for unauthorized access to your account on computers or devices you personally use.
This website may provide links to other websites, or this website may have pop-up windows. Even if an affiliation or alliance exists between Essentials in Writing and such other websites, Essentials in Writing may not exercise any control over linked sites or any pop-up windows and does not endorse the activities of these websites.
4. Prohibited Uses
You are prohibited from doing, and agree not to do, any of the following:
- Use the content or features of this website to undertake or accomplish any illegal purpose, including but not limited to, posting or disseminating information or material that is libelous, obscene, threatening, defamatory or harassing as determined in the sole discretion of Essentials in Writing;
- Use any content or features made available on this website, including but not limited to, photographs, videos and curricular material, in a manner that violates copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party. In particular, permission is not granted to extract and reproduce or transfer any digital content, including but not limited to, Essentials in Writing and Essentials in Literature curriculum or related resources, from this website to any other user for any reason unless said content is explicitly offered for free download on this website by Essentials in Writing;
- Copy, reproduce, duplicate, translate, reverse engineer, adapt, decompile, disassemble, reverse assemble, modify, or alter any portion of this website without written permission of Essentials in Writing;
- Merge or include any portion of this website with any computer program, database, or other website without written permission of Essentials in Writing;
- Use this website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Essentials in Writing server or equipment, or the network(s) connected to any Essentials in Writing server, or interfere with any party’s use and enjoyment of this website;
- Collect or view information about others, including but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses or other personal information;
- Unless otherwise specified, use this website for commercial rather than personal purposes;
- Advertise or offer for sale any service or product without express written consent from Essentials in Writing;
- Use this website to attempt to gain unauthorized access to services, materials, other accounts, computer systems, websites or networks of Essentials in Writing or of any member connected to any server of Essentials in Writing, or any member, through hacking, password mining, or any other means; and
- Otherwise violate any applicable law or regulation.
5. Registration and Accounts
The use of some content, services, applications, and features on this website requires you to register and create an account protected by a user-created password. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and password.
- Schools/Teachers: You agree not to share your account and password with anyone from another district or school. You agree to abide by any agreement made between your school and Essentials in Writing regarding the use of this website.
- Parents and Guardians: You agree not to share your account and password with any member of any other household for any purpose, including but not limited to, sharing access to digital curriculum content or resources.
- Students: You agree not to share your account and password with anyone other than your parent or guardian and, if applicable, teacher.
6. Digital Content (Online Video Subscription) User License
Portions of this website, such as Essentials in Writing Online Video Subscriptions, are available to be licensed, not sold, to you or your school as products of Essentials in Writing. Any remuneration for these products constitutes a license fee. The non-transferable license grants an account holder access to particular content and resources for a limited period of time. Upon expiry of the license, the product must be purchased again in order to regain access. The user of the license is subject to all of the Terms, including the right for Essentials in Writing to terminate the license as described in Section 7.
Essentials in Writing may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or portions of this website and/or Essentials in Writing services if Essentials in Writing believes you are in breach of these Terms, or for any other reason, without notice or liability. Termination may include, without limitation: (i) removal of access, including revocation of a user license, to any portion of this website or its entirety,; (ii) deletion of any user-created content such as user names, passwords, or any other data; (iv) refusing to refund the purchase price of access to content and (iii) barring further use of Essentials in Writing services under any name.
8. Intellectual Property
(a) Copyright Notice
All content contained, referenced, or otherwise included in this website, including but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, audio, videos, and downloads are the property of Essentials in Writing and are protected by United States and international copyright laws. All uses of this content without the express, written permission of Essentials in Writing is strictly prohibited.
Essentials in Writing and Essentials in Literature images are all trademarks or service marks of Essentials in Writing. The absence of a name or logo referenced herein shall not constitute a waiver of any or all intellectual property rights that Essentials in Writing has established in any product, logo, trademark or service name.
9. Links to and from Other Sites
This website may contain links that will allow you to leave this website. Essentials in Writing does not control the content, terms of service, or privacy policies of linked sites, or other sites accessed through a linked site, and the terms and policies of the linked sites will govern your use of those sites.
Essentials in Writing is not responsible for reviewing linked sites or the content a linked site may contain. Essentials in Writing provides links to third-party sites only as a convenience. Our inclusion of a link to a third-party site does not constitute an endorsement by Essentials in Writing of the site, and Essentials in Writing makes no representations, assurances, or guarantees in regard to such linked sites or their products and services.
Other websites are encouraged to link to this website, except to portions that are accessible only by purchase.
10. User-Generated Content
This website may allow you to post reviews, comments, testimonials, and other related content so long as such postings are not libelous, obscene, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or otherwise harmful to others or objectionable, as determined in Essentials in Writing’s sole discretion. Essentials in Writing has no obligation to monitor any such postings. We do, however, reserve the right and sole discretion to remove or edit such postings to ensure compliance with the requirements set forth herein. Essentials in Writing disclaims all liability for any content you post or that is posted by others.
If you post any reviews, comments, testimonials, or other related content, you grant Essentials in Writing a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, and/or display such postings throughout the world in any media or format.
The user-generated materials appearing on this website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Essentials in Writing does not warrant that any of the materials on its websites are accurate, complete, or current. Except as expressly provided otherwise, you assume all risks concerning the suitability and accuracy of the information within the website. ESSENTIALS IN WRITING ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY SUCH INACCURACIES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE WEBSITE, MATERIALS, PUBLICATIONS AND DOCUMENTS, AND IN ANY OTHER REFERENCE.
12. Updates to This Website
At any time, we may update this website by revising existing or adding additional content, services, applications, or features, and we may make such updates available to you either for a fee or for free. At our discretion, we may also update this website by removing any free content, services, applications, or features without notice to you.
13. Other Website Policies and Severability
Please review our other policies posted on this website, including our Shipping & Returns Policy, as these additional policies also govern your use of this website.
No determination by any court, governmental body, arbitration tribunal, or other judicial body that any provision of these Terms or any amendment that may be made thereto is invalid or unenforceable shall affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of these Terms. Each provision shall be valid or enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and shall be construed where and whenever possible as being consistent with applicable law.
14. Disclaimers and Liability
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE, ALL INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTATION, MATERIALS, SERVICES, THIS WEBSITE AND PUBLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND ESSENTIALS IN WRITING AND ITS AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, AND SPONSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN ADDITION, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE, ESSENTIALS IN WRITING AND ITS AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, AND SPONSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, OR QUIET ENJOYMENT.
ESSENTIALS IN WRITING WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN ANY WAY FROM (A) ANY DEFICIENCY IN THIS WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICE PROVIDED VIA THIS WEBSITE OR BY ESSENTIALS IN WRITING (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SERVICE”) OR ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIALS ON WHICH IT IS BASED OR ANY INSTRUCTION OR OTHER MATERIALS DESCRIBING THE SERVICE OR ITS USE, (B) THE UNAVAILABILITY OR INTERRUPTION OF THE SERVICE (OR ANY PART THEREOF), (C) ANY USE OF THE SERVICE BY YOU (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU RECEIVED ANY ASSISTANCE IN USING THE SERVICE), (D) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, (E) THIS WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT THEREOF, OR (F) ANY DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF ESSENTIALS IN WRITING, EVEN IF ESSENTIALS IN WRITING IS AWARE OR HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR DAMAGE. IN NO EVENT SHALL ESSENTIALS IN WRITING BE LIABLE FOR OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, EXCHANGED, OR RECEIVED BY OR ON BEHALF OF ANY USER OR OTHER PERSON ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THIS WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICE OF ESSENTIALS IN WRITING, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THIS WEBSITE, WHICH SHALL BE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES WHICH YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST ESSENTIALS IN WRITING. ESSENTIALS IN WRITING SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE OR ANY MATTER RELATED TO THIS WEBSITE.
THIS WEBSITE, ITS DOCUMENTS AND PUBLICATIONS ARE DISTRIBUTED INTERNATIONALLY AND MAY CONTAIN REFERENCES OR CROSS-REFERENCES TO ESSENTIALS IN WRITING PRODUCTS, PROGRAMS, AND SERVICES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED OR AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY. SUCH REFERENCES DO NOT IMPLY THAT ESSENTIALS IN WRITING INTENDS TO ANNOUNCE SUCH PRODUCTS, PROGRAMS, OR SERVICES IN YOUR COUNTRY.
Any claim relating to Essentials in Writing websites shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Missouri without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any cause of action that may arise under these Terms will be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts with jurisdiction in Greene County, Missouri, and you agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts. Essentials in Writing failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the use of this website, Essentials in Writing products or services, or these Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Essentials in Writing, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders, partners, representatives, and employees, harmless from any and all costs, expenses, and damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from a claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of your submissions, your use of this website or other products and services of Essentials in Writing, including, without limitation, any use by your employees, your connection to this website, your violation of these Terms, or your violation of any rights of another.
Last updated June 3, 2019