Writing sentences, basic grammar, mechanics, friendly letter, paragraph, and other topics.
Essentials in Writing Level 1
(DVDs + Textbook/Workbook)
Included: Includes everything you need for Level 1: DVDs with lesson-by-lesson video instruction and instructional manual/student workbook.
Additional Student Level 1 Workbook
Included: This is an instructional manual/student workbook for an ADDITIONAL student using the same level of DVDs. Please note that this workbook is not functional without the related DVD.
- Review Sentences Types and Making Complete Sentences
- Capitalization Rules: Beginning of Sentences, Names, City/State
- Punctuation Rules: Period, Question Mark, and Exclamation Point
- Grammar: Subject/Predicate, Nouns, Proper Nouns, Action Verbs, Adjectives, and Pronouns
- Spelling Rules for Plural Nouns
- Parts of a Personal Letter
- Writing a Personal Letter
- Parts of a Paragraph
- Writing a Paragraph
- Other Forms of Written Communication: Lists, Thank You Note and Invitation
- The Writing Process: Prewrite, Draft, Revise, Edit and Publish
- Use the Writing Process to Compose Narrative and Descriptive Paragraphs
- Poetry: Text Features and End Rhyme