Textbook: Includes DIGITAL College Application Essay Guide Textbook.
Video Classes: Includes online video lesson subscription to the College Application Essay Guide classes.
$199 ($129 Limited Time)
Student Placement: This course is designed for 11th-12th graders (16-19 years old) who are applying to college in the very near future. It is best suited for students who have mastered English language mechanics, punctuation usage, and written communication skills, such as students who have worked through Essentials in Writing Level 10 or another equivalent composition curriculum.
Course Overview: The College Application Essay Guide is designed for college-bound students who are preparing their college applications. Students will engage in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step video course for writing a personal statement essay for their college applications. Some of the important features are highlighted below:
- Instructs students about what makes an application essay effective and what colleges will be looking for, complete with fully developed examples.
- Guides students through the essay writing process, including digging into their personal history and interests in order to choose an effective focus.
- Provides students with brainstorming, organizing, and revising activities that make each step of the process simple and manageable, all of which will be demonstrated by the instructor through the video lessons.
- Through the instruction and activities in this course, students will craft a highly effective application essay that will be well written as well as demonstrate their best qualities to prospective universities/programs.
- Includes online video lesson subscription to the College Application Essay Guide classes.
- Student will need an up-to-date computer or laptop that can access the internet. (Essentials in Writing does not provide technology support.)
HOW DOES THIS COURSE WORK?:
- This is a self-propelled course, with no interaction with a teacher or other students.
- Learn what colleges are looking for in an application essay.
- Identify how to translate one’s own life experiences into an essay that will impress college admissions advisors.
- Craft an effective application essay step by step through this course.
- Read the content of each lesson in the digital textbook and then watch the corresponding video lesson.
- Complete activities after each lesson designed to lead the student through the writing process to create a college application essay.
- Finish the course with a ready-to-submit application essay.
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT THIS COURSE?:
- This course helps students discover what of their own experiences or character would be a good focus for an application essay.
- This course guides the student through translating their ideas into words on paper in order to craft an effective essay.
- This course provides tools, visuals, and examples that will help students to know and to apply all the parts of a quality application essay.