Registration opens February 26 and auditions must be submitted no later than March 13. THE SOONER THE BETTER!
Choir participants must be registered for convention to participate.
Registration is complete when the audition form (below) and the singing audition have been completed and submitted.
Watch the sample audition HERE
Print this sheet music
Using an iPhone or other mobile device, film your audition according to the directions below.
A. State your full name and age
B. Sing a major scale
C. Sing “Happy Birthday to You”
D. Sight read the sheet music you printed in Step 1
PLEASE NOTE: Auditions must be the voice alone without an instrument and no longer than 2 minutes.
Text your video to xxxxxxxx
Complete the audition form below.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO AUDITION THE SAME DAY YOU COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW!
• NO REGISTRATION FEE (Essentials in Writing is sponsoring the event)
• Students who are 13 years old or older before January 1, 2020 may audition
• Students will be required to attend bi-weekly or monthly rehearsal webinars February to May where they will learn choral singing technique
• Music will be provided to all students
• MP3 rehearsal files will be provided to students to help them learn their vocal part
• Students will submit bi-weekly or monthly milestone audio/video check-ins to Mr. Stephens and the choral intern
• Students must attend the Choral Workshops and performances at HEAV convention (see details below)
The purpose of the audition process is to determine the vocal range of singers and their skill level related to: matching pitch, staying in tune, and reading music. This information will be used to choose music for performances that are in line with skill level.
Students 13 years old on or before January 1, 2020 may audition. Students will prepare the following and submit no later than March 13, 2020.
Students will complete the form on the website and submit an audition video to the number listed. Using an iPhone or other such device, students will record themselves:
1. Stating their full name and age
2. Singing a major scale
3. Singing “Happy Birthday to You”
4. Sight read music provided on the website for those who can (not required)
* Auditions may be no longer than 2 minutes
*All auditions must be with the voice alone with no music
Students will be provided sheet music and mp3 file to learn the music. Sheet music and mp3 files will be sent the first or second week of March.
Students will submit bi-weekly or monthly milestone audio check-in to Mr. Stephens and intern. (Instructions included)
Students will participate in bi-weekly or monthly webinar rehearsals March to May.
(Note: If students have a time conflict, they may watch the webinar rehearsal later and provide the requested feedback.)
Choral Workshops/Rehearsals and Performance
Three rehearsals will be held at the convention: Thursday evening, Friday morning, and Friday afternoon
Performances chosen by HEAV admin: 1) choir performance in theatre, 2) opening the AM Keynote, 3) registration lobby.
We are excited to provide students an opportunity to participate in an All-State like choir, singing challenging yet rewarding music for an audience as well as learn the art of choral singing.