ENROLLMENT FOR 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR NOW OPEN
Begins September 6, 2022 and ends May 12, 2023
ABOUT THIS CLASS
Textbook: Includes DIGITAL Essentials in Writing Level 9 textbook and Essentials in Literature Level 9 textbook with teacher handbook. The novel will be shipped upon enrollment.
(Digital Access will be available July 1)
Video: Includes online video lesson subscription to Level 9 and access to weekly live classes.
Class Times: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 – 10:45am CST.
September 6 – May 12
- All major holidays and common school breaks are observed.
- Class times follow CST (Central Standard Time). Time changes are observed.
- Any dates and/or times are subject to change.
Registration Fee: $197 charged at the time of enrollment.
Monthly Tuition:$47 per month (September 1 to May 1).
Class Platforms: Google Classroom and Zoom.
Prerequisites: This course is recommended for the student who has successfully completed a level 8 English course.
Course Overview: English I combines composition and literature study with an option for NCAA credit. https://www.ncaa.com/.
Students will meet with experienced teachers from the EIW Education team twice a week and receive individualized feedback as they sharpen their writing and literary analysis skills in this two-semester course. By the end of this course, students will master a variety of essay types and will gain experience and confidence in analyzing a wide array of literary genres.
Credits: English I Credit consists of writing and literary analysis.
Required Materials: (Included with the purchase of the class).
- Digital Essentials in Writing, Level 9
- Digital Essentials in Literature, Level 9
- Novel: The Hobbit
- Class sessions are recorded and will be provided to students.
- Students also have access to additional instructional videos with their Level 9 subscription.
- Up-to-date computer or tablet equipped with a microphone & webcam.
- Active G-mail account.
- Reliable internet connection.
- EIW is not responsible for technology support.
Tests and Exams:
- Tests will be given at the end of each unit of study.
- Cumulative exams will be administered at the end of each semester.
- Select weekly assignments will be graded by instructors.
- Weekly work and tests/exams will be averaged into a semester and cumulative course grade.
- Grade reports will be provided at mid-year and the end of the course.
- Maintain a working Gmail account.
- Attend two 45-minute Zoom class sessions each week.
- Read announcements and assignments daily (M-F) in Google Classroom.
- Participate fully during class activities, including discussions, and put forth your best effort.
- Provide weekly direct instruction in writing and literature analysis.
- Provide feedback for submitted assignments.
- Grade and return work in a timely manner.
- Be available to offer assistance during weekly office hours or via email.
- PayPal or credit card accepted as payment.
- Refunds for the Virtual Class are granted based on the following criteria:
- Refunds for the Registration Fee and for the First Month’s Tuition are granted if requests are received within 14 days of the first class of the season. The Registration Fee can only be refunded during this initial 14-day window, beginning on the class start date. After this 14-day period, refunds for the current month’s tuition are granted only if the request is received within 10 days of each subsequent billing cycle. Any previous month’s tuition cannot be refunded.
Registration Fee: $197 (charged at the time of enrollment)
Monthly Tuition: $47 per month (September 1 to May 1)
or, order by phone
Call (417) 256-4191
Meet the Teachers
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
- Master of Science in Elementary Education
- Certified in Special Education – Cross Categorcal
- Certified in Adult Education and Literacy
- Bachelor of Arts in English (concentration in literature)
- Certified in Secondary Education
- Certified in English as a Second Language
- Certified in AP Language and Composition